Sunday, April 6, 2008

Canadian Hip Hop



Here's a song by a Canadian Hip-Hop artist whom most of you have never heard of. His name is Mathematik and he hails from Scarborough, ON just like I do. The song is entitled UPRISE and was a single off of his first album entitled ECOLOGY. Mathematik, or Math was and I think always will be Canada's best kept secret, the other one being a songstress from Toronto, Canada called Esthero.

Check the video out and leave your comments. It was done at a time when hip-hop was very conscious and is in my opinion one of the illest hip-hop tracks of all time. If you really listen to how Math breaks it down on the mic you will agree with me that he is definately one of the illest MCs of all time. If you haven't heard his music before then I definately recommend that you get your hands on a copy of his first LP ECOLOGY as well as the 2004 follow-up entitled NO DIVISION. Ecology is better in my opinion however, and I hope you enjoy getting a real taste of what Canadians have to offer.

I'll be posting some of my own material at a later time.

Peace!

1 comment:

MrBlue said...

Thats right bitches. I wish at times Math had the international stardom deserves. He is a legend.